Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011.

Yesterday night was the Victoria's Secret Fashion show. I have never been big on watching fashion shows or pageants, etc. I wasn't able to watch the show last night, but I was surprised to see that my Facebook exploded with status updates on excitement to watch the show. I didn't realize how big of a deal the VS show was. Some of my friends had made traditions of watching it with their girlfriends and were waiting in anticipation to see which artists would be performing [If I was told correctly I believe Kanye, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj, and Adam LeVine all performed].
Because I was curious I did some research on the show and was able to see how good publicity, famous celebrities that attend, entertainment, and of course, beautiful women made the show into a hit. Although I don't plan on watching next year, I'll keep up with the Internet reaction! I saw responses to the show not only on Facebook but Yahoo! and Tumblr as well.

And just for kicks...

Click RIGHT HERE to watch the entire show!

2 comments:

  1. This post is really interesting because I definitely noticed that too! Before I blocked Twitter, Facebook, and a host of other sites so I could focus on studying, I noticed that everyone was talking about the fashion show. I honestly had no idea it was even on. When I did eventually did notice, I found out because it was trending on Twitter. This made me realize that I get a lot of news updates from Twitter and Facebook. When Osama bin Laden was killed, I found out via Facebook, not a news source such as CNN. However, this proliferation of information is a double-edged sword. Twitter is often how misinformation such as celebrity deaths spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely one of those girls who loves and anticipates this show! I also noticed how many of my friends (guys too!) posted about this show the day of and even days before the show. I'm not sure how long it's been around but last year was the first year I heard about it! I also noticed all of the comments and posts commenting on how skinny and pretty these girls are. A lot of girls were comparing themselves to these girls! I thought it was pretty ridiculous, but I still love this show. Million dollar bras, that's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete