Monday, October 31, 2011

Angry Birds!

Something I have noticed on a variety of websites is the mentioning of the iPhone application in the form of a puzzle video game called Angry Birds. I have multiple friends with iPhones and when we are waiting around, they whip out their phones and begin to play. I do not own an iPhone and thus I have no idea what the game consists of. I think this is a prime example of target audience. iPhone users have this exclusive understanding of the game whereas others do not "get" the jokes that may surround it.
For example, as last weekend was Halloweekend, I went out with my friends in costume. I saw multiple people in Angry Birds costumes and didn't really see any humor in it. However, my friends with iPhones thought these costumes were extremely clever and funny.
I have not only seen Angry Birds as popular Halloween costumes, but have also seen them turned into popularly blogged artwork on Tumblr, and even nail tutorials on YouTube.
I think it is interesting how an iPhone app can turn into such a variety of forms on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment